Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Ten Minutes and Counting

Update!

Saw the maternal fetal medicine specialist today.

Baby is still great. Amniotic fluid is back to normal. Woo hoo!

The MFM still wants to see me weekly b/c of the contractions I had last week.

They did an ultrasound and baby was great. Sleepin' like a baby. :)

They decided to hook me up to the monitor just to see if contractions were still going on.

MFM said "have you been having contractions?"
me: Well, I am pretty sure the Braxton Hicks have been coming fairly often today. a little more than normal.

Right after that, we watched the fetal heart monitor slowly go up - showing a contraction - that I was clearly feeling. Not painful, but could feel it.

Ten minutes later, on the dot, another.

Ten minutes later, on the dot...another

Every ten minutes since then....another.

If I thought back, it had pretty much been that way all day.

She didn't check me for dilation (which I know wish I had asked her to do) and I am calling my doc office tomorrow about it. Only one has been strong enough to make me take a deep breath. The rest are more annoying.

I am to keep track of the time of them and the intensity.

The MFM hopes that we can keep Bubba in for 2 more weeks to get us to 37 weeks, 5 days. Becuase of how far along I am, she doesn't want to give me anything to stop the contractions.

So...that's where we are.

10 minutes apart. (and for the record, when the minute hand is on :02, :12, :22, :32, etc.... it is fairly safe to say I am having a contraction).

Keep you posted....

6 comments:

Sayre said...

Oh! Man, check out for a day or so and boom! Baby contractions.

Now that you have this, are you feeling like you just want him to come or are you praying for a little more time to finish up a few things? Another two weeks would be good though.

I'll check back tomorrow!!!

Issa said...

Holy crap!!! Well maybe he wants to be a November baby instead of a December.

Let us know, I'll try and check back in. 10 minutes apart definetly sounds like labor too me.

I'll tell you, just so you don't worry (not that I can stop it, this I know, but just in case it helps), Morgan (my first) was 32 days early. 6 pounds, 4 ounces; 19.5 inches long and absolutely perfect. Just know if it's his time, he'll be perfect.

Hugs too you. I hope you get some rest.

Badness Jones said...

I know you'd probably like to keep him in a little longer, but either way he's gonna be just fine. You've got lots of people sending luck and love and hugs to you and your little one.

m (the misanthrope) said...

7:02AM EST. I'm thinking of you :-) Wow...I don't know much about labor or delivery, but could Little Man be attempting to put in an early appearance? Keep us posted!

And happy Thanksgiving to you! If you are traveling, travel safely. If not, just enjoy!!

Karmyn R said...

Not to break your excitement but I had TONS of contractions with the Caboose (one day of contractions 10 minutes apart all day long) and NOTHING happened - they didn't even cause me to dilate or anything.

So - sometimes these B/H contractions can do stuff and other times they dont' do anything.

Tami Wyatt said...

I think he just wants some turkey!