Sunday, November 23, 2008

Dear People:

Hey -

I was in pain.

This was not NORMAL. Ask my doctor. You know....the one that has the letters "M.D." after her name?

My blood pressure was high. I was curled up in what was as close to the fetal position as I could be with a tummy. Now we know there could be other issues - excess amniotic fluid, etc.

Just because I went to the doctor because of pain doesn't mean I am a wimp. It doesn't mean that I should just go ahead and get a c-section because you don't think I can take being in labor.

When you have delivered HUNDREDS and HUNDREDS of babies, perhaps then you can judge.

Until then.

Let me know.

4 comments:

Issa said...

I for one am so glad you went in. It doesn't make you a wimp to take care of issues or worry that something was wrong. You are a mother. Maybe he hasn't been born yet. But you did what was right for you and your son and that makes you a mother.

I hope this weekend has been better. Anyone giving you shit, just send them my direction and I'll get to the ass kicking.

Sayre said...

Seeing a doctor because of pain is NOT being a wimp. It's called being a responsible adult/parent. The only people who have a say in your care or your delivery are you and the doctor. The two of you know more about what's going on than anyone else. Don't let the doomsayers have their way with you. I never did understand why some people feel compelled to say stuff like that...

I hope you're feeling better now. That you are painless and feeling more joy - less ache.

m (the misanthrope) said...

OMG...visiting a doctor is NEVER a wimpy thing to do. I can't believe anyone would say that. That goes double when you are not just looking after yourself, but also after the health of your Little Man, who is totally dependent on you at the moment.

Pooh Pooh to anyone who says differently. Remember - many people are much better at living others' lives than they are at living their own. You do what is best for YOU and Little Man. Thinking of you!

Tami Wyatt said...

Are there really people giving you shit because you went to the doctor because you were in pain?

There is simply no end to the stupidity found in large groups of people....

I, for one, wish you had gone to the doctor sooner. Pain is natures way of getting your attention and saying..."hey! there's something going on in here....take a look!" You always need to listen to what your body is telling you. You did.

You are going to be a wonderful mother and if anyone else thinks they need to give you any more negitive energy then I will get together with Issas from a couple of comments above me and we will kick their ass.