Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Ten Minutes and Counting - the sequel

Still ten minutes apart with contractions.

Sometimes, for fun, they will be 8 minutes apart.

Never more than 11 minutes apart.

Went in just for a check today. Nope, not at all dilated. Bubba is just reminding me that he is the boss of this entire situation.

(and may I just say that the whole 'let me check you' really is not a comfortable thing)

I have been awake since 1:25am. Every time I got comfortable enough to sleep, a contraction would come on. I could rest through some of them, but just when I started to doze off, a particularly uncomfrotable one would come on and BAM. Wide awake).

So between the hours of 2:30 and 4:30, I:
1. Cleaned the kitchen counters
2. Did a load of laundry
3. Emptied the dishwasher.
4. Put the dirty dishes from the sink into the dishwasher.
5. Scrubbed the sink
6. Wondered if I was able to bring down the table leaf for Thanksgiving dinner (nope)
7. Got out all the dishes and silverware for the dinner table. All the table trivets. Putting the napkins in the napkin rings, and pulling out the placemats.
8. I also went and laid in the spare room with Mark (he had long since moved rooms due to my nesting/inability to sleep. He was remarkably sympathetic for someone who really wanted (and truly needed) to sleep.
9. Went in and re-organized the diaper caddy thing in bubba's room
10. Looked at everything in his closet and wondered if I needed to move everything around. But didn't.

I really need to get some sleep tonight. I am too tired to nest any more.

5 comments:

Sayre said...

Good grief - I hope you don't have contractions keeping you up at night for the next 30 days! That just won't do! Nesting is good - but there's only so much you can do...

My husband and I have found that we sleep better if we sleep alone. He likes to spread out all over the bed, and apparently I snore. Now, he doesn't have to listen to me and I don't have to worry about falling out of bed because my three inches of bed is being invaded by someone's foot. I actually wish we'd thought of this years ago. I'd be a much more well rested person these days (and maybe these permanent dark circles wouldn't exist!).

Have a good thanksgiving!

Mighty Morphin' Mama said...

Hope the contractions subside, went throught that last time too.
Phew that is a lot of nesting, hope you get some rest. Take care,
K

Badness Jones said...

I wish I had that kind of energy to get things done here - that nesting instinct is a crazy thing!

Sending sleepy vibes....

m (the misanthrope) said...

Wow! Ya know, if you run out of stuff to do at your house, I have a few nightmares - disguised as closets - that are sorely in need of organization :-)

Just kidding of course. Thanks for the update. I hope that Bubba lets you have a good Thanksgiving, even if it's 8 minutes at at time! Take care sweetie! Hugs and happy Thanksgiving to you!

shay said...

Wow. You got some energy girl!
Hopefully this "test run" doesn't go the whole month and you're holding your little bundle soon:)

Hope Thanksgiving is wonderful!