Friday, November 28, 2008

Santa Claus Is Coming....

I look at the ticker on the left - it's 4 weeks from today until my due date...

Over the last 2 weeks, I have bought a few small toys here and there to be from me and Mark (and one from the furry creatures that inhabit our home). And mysteriously - a bag of presents from Santa also appeared - with a request that I help him wrap them for Kidlet.

That's what I did this evening. Wrapped presents to Kidlet. All of the family presents that I have bought over the past few weeks, those got wrapped.

What makes me laugh is that as I label the gifts - anything to or from Kidlet has where his name should to be a big fat blank.

Bubba needs a name.

Mark and I are having a hard time picking one.

Our family is FULL of opinions. F-U-L-L of them. Annoyingly full. Amazingly vocally full.

But all that crap doesn't matter. Why?

Because as I filled Bubba's stocking with a few little things (hey, don't laugh - he has to have a stocking) I smiled. and thought about all the holidays in the years to come.

28 days.

Although, a few sooner would be OK with me.

8 comments:

Mighty Morphin' Mama said...

Such an amazingly exciting time.
Names are hard for me, especially since my mom likes to criticize whatever I pick, while pretending not to.

Have fun!

Anonymous said...

Wow, sweetie! It's getting really close now! I'm sorry about the folks who can't wait to tell you what YOU should name YOUR child. *sigh* All I can say is, try developing some short-term deafness where that is concerned. Wishing you many wonderful holidays with Bubba! Hugs!

TxGambit said...

You could just name him Bubba or Kidlet.... at least there won't be too many others (maybe some Bubbas cuz this is Texas)....

:)

Just kidding! The name is a big deal but he will have one... and if you don't have it picked out now, when you see him, I bet the name will pop in your name.

And ooohhh, ooh you are getting soo close!

Sayre said...

Well, since he won't be able to read for a while, I suppose you could put his bloggy nicknames on the tags. A little reminder of how many people are watching, waiting and will be thrilled at his arrival.

I've got three presents bought so far. So behind!

Karmyn R said...

OH yes - I hear your pain when it comes to naming the baby. Even though Dave and I pretty much knew the name (and chose NOT to share it) EVERYONE was giving us names. And some of those people would get their feelings hurt when I'd say "no, not that name".

One good thing is - when he comes and you name him, that will all stop!!!

Enjoy wrapping those presents to him!

Kim said...

Ah, I remember those naming games with the parental units. As it happened, my parents weren't enamoured of the names of any of my children but the last one. The middle son was worst of all -- they called him by an entirely different nickname than we did. I finally had to tell them they were confusing him! The only reason they like the last one's name: he is named after his great grandfather.

Name that babe whatever you and hubby decide is what you want to call him. Everyone else will fall in line. Really.

Eventually.

Issa said...

We weren't sure on the name this time until he was born. I mean we had ideas, but nothing for sure. With Bailey, we were told she was a boy. So we named her after about a day. It will come.

On having gifts for him, well that makes complete sense too me.

The Laundress said...

Ooooh, this is so exciting....

I have a picture of Fa, 5 days old inside of her stocking for Christmas.

I'll send it to you. You'll crack up.

I'm loving this time for you. Remember it. Savor it.