Saturday, January 24, 2009

Quiet

It's hard finding words lately - what can I say?


1. I get spit up on... a lot.

2. I get peed on every once in a while.

3. I am on a first name basis with both nurses at Connor's pediatricians office already.

4. I don't sleep much

5. My husband pretty much pisses me off....constantly. Seriously - your dishes don't magically make it to the sink, get rinsed and the put into the dishwasher. And if you leave a glass of milk in the spare bathroom at 6am, by 4pm it stinks. And I clean it up.

6. At lunch with a friend today, we had an indepth conversation about potty habits of our sons. Her son is 18 months...so we compared my present with her past and discussed my future.


I am so a mom.


And, whaddya think? Redhead??


5 comments:

Badness Jones said...

I don't know....I thought Bad was going to be a readhead, but it's turned out to be a dark blonde. Any readheads in the family?

I'm sorry that you're having a rough time with your Hubs, I don't think my husband really understood what I was going through until I went back to work after the Princess, and he was home alone with her 2 days a week.

Hugs.

Kim said...

Our lovely daughter's first hair had a reddish cast, but when it grew in for real, she was white blonde. Now, 18 years later, she's a dark ashy blonde with red streaks. However, the red ain't real.

Men are difficult sometimes, and when you have the lack of sleep and nerves thrown in, I'm sure he seems unbearable. He's still that same guy that helped you make Connor. He'll come around.

Take care of yourself, sweetie.

Anonymous said...

Hmm - I do see what looks like red hair on young Mr. Connor! He looks so much older (at least to me) than he did in the last pic I saw.

And I second Badness above...my dad had no clue what my mom went through with us kids, until she got a long-awaited "day off" and he was left in charge of me and my sis for the day. I think that since dads don't go through all the physical changes, they just might not realize how a new baby changes everything, and how much extra help Mom needs. Hugs to you sweetie!

Sayre said...

Hmmm... looks like a ginger baby to me! I had no idea what ZBoy's hair would look like until he was over a year old. It just didn't come in for the longest time. Babies in my family do that - stay bald until after their first birthdays.

I hope Mark gets a clue soon. He probably doesn't really GET how much things have changed for YOU because other than having a baby in the house and a rather cranky wife, things probably haven't changed that much for him... YET! Leave him alone with the baby for a day here and there and he might start to understand a little.

My husband irritated the hell out of me after I had Z. And he was TRYING to be helpful. Some of it might have been the hormones going wacky yet again...

Anonymous said...

Yeah - pictures!

I think Mark is very typical - clueless dad. They don't realize how much you have to do. When the baby comes, their world changes just a little bit, while the mom's is DRASTIC. I can only say you need to keep communicating that with him as much you can. (eventually, he might figure it out)