Dear Piece of Shit -
I think you are worse than worse. Lower than low. I truly think it is sad that the K-9's weren't able to get to you and get a few "nibbles" in on you. I truly wish you had made a slightly hostile attempt when the cops were trying to look for you and you got shot...in the skull. Blind-sided, in cold blood.
And your family members for speaking out trying to say they don't think you shot that policeman in cold blood? Shut the hell up, assholes. Eye witnesses saw him do it. Your brother is not a "good person"...at all. And your ability to defend him amazes me.
Sincerely,
Mrs. 13 Letter Last Name
*********************
What amazes me about this story is that this policeman did not die alone. After he was shot, every day people came to him and held a towel to his bleeding head. They made sure that he wasn't alone. I am hoping that brought him some type of comfort.
I have patience for a lot of stuff. A lot of what goes on in the world while it bothers me, I try and see the positive in stuff. This is the crap that scares me. This is what frightens me about bringing our son into this world.
How do we raise our son to be the one that holds a towel to the policeman's head?
Would I have it in me to do that? I'd like to think I could, but I just don't know. Would I be able to be the last person that a total stranger sees? To comfort them and hopefully bring them some peace? Or would I shut my door and hide?
Monday, December 8, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Oh, sweetie, your son would be the person helping that poor cop move into the next world. I know, because that is exactly what you'll teach him -- because that is exactly the type of person you are. There is nothing in you that would allow you to hide behind your door while someone dies. It's just not there.
That is probably the scariest part of being a parent. Who would be your son? The guy with the gun? The cop? Or the one with the towel and the cell phone calling 911? Everyone starts out as a precious baby. Some mother held each one of those people. But somewhere along the way, things went horribly wrong for one. That would be the guy with the gun.
I've been "listening" to you talk about Kidlet/Moe/Wolfgang for quite a while now. My money is on you raising the cop or the towel man. Why? Because this baby is the most important thing in your life. You will love it and raise it to be a good person. You're not really worried about where or when you're going to get your next hit of crack or even how to make ends meet (any more than the rest of us). Bringing this baby safely into this world, loving and nurturing it is your whole point of being. I'd lay my money on Moe the towel man.
What Sayre said (above). I know that you will raise your Little Man to be a kind, empathetic, conscientious good citizen. The more people we have like that, the fewer tragedies we will see...I hope.
Post a Comment