Monday, December 1, 2008

Dear Unborn Son

I love you, with every ounce of my being.

However....

Please stop the contractions or hurry up and let's get going with the ones that will bring you to us.

I am now completely uncomfortable. Not in pain, but uncomfortable.

I am unable to take a deep breath.

I am unable to get comfortable in any position - sitting, standing, laying down. If I wasn't six feet tall, I'd be trying to fit in our bath tub (we don't have a garden tub dammit).

If Mark's work wasn't so damn busy for the next 2 weeks, I would be begging the doctor the hurry things up.

6 comments:

m (the misanthrope) said...

Wow...6' tall! That must make it more difficult to get comfy. I hope Little Man heeds your directions! Hugs!

Kim said...

I would have killed to be six feet tall while I was pregnant. My babies were all 20 to 21 inches long with damn big heads. The largest was 8 lbs, 11 oz. Oddly enough, I was probably most comfortable with him.

I am 5' 7" on my tip toes and have a 36" inseam. I think my back was perpetually arched the last month with all of them in order to allow myself room to fricking breathe.

I envy you starting this wonderful adventure with your new baby. I do not, however, envy you that last month or so of pregnancy!

Issa said...

You are six feet tall? This boy is gonna be long, I'd bet.

Try offering him a car or something. Tell him if he is nice he'll get a good one, if he keeps this nonsense up, he's likely to find himself owning a Pinto at 16. Give it a shot at least. Didn't work with me, but you know, some kids are better listeners than my are.

Tami Wyatt said...

I wonder if there is a heated pool at the YMCA that you could try?? I have one...so if you find yourself in the greater Huntington Beach area please stop by.

Nikki said...

I feel your pain sister, I feel it. He will be here soon enough!


nikki

TxGambit said...

Hang in there! He will be here very soon.