Tuesday, December 23, 2008

A little wet in Texas

By no means am I a baby expert.

But here's the deal...I baby sat A LOT growing up. Lots. Tons.

I baby sat twin boys for an entire summer that were 3 months old and then the following summer at 15 months old, three days a week for 7 or 8 hours a day.

Never once did I get peed on.

Here's where I stand with Connor

Wednesday, Thursday, Friday and 1/2 day Saturday in hospital. Peed on - Zero. (Nurses changed a lot of the diapers)

1/2 day Saturday - one time
Sunday - one time - almost a second, but I was quick with that face cloth
Monday - None WOO HOO !!
Tuesday - three times. Four if you count the fact that there was a close call that we were able to get the diaper to cover it up.
Today - Once

This does NOT bode well for the next however years till he is potty trained.

Oh and Mark's number of times for getting sprayed - ZERO.

Sigh

Story of how everything happened - coming soon.

7 comments:

TxGambit said...

hee, hee.... As the mom to two boys, I can totally relate. You will figure out how NOT to get peed on soon.

But I will tell you want I did. Open the diaper just a peek so that the air hits it.... and then close it until he is done peeing. LOL! :) Have fun!

Issa said...

As you open the diaper, before almost any air hits him, throw a wipe over it. Seriously, it has saved me. I haven't been peed on since I figured that one out. But you don't open it all the way until you have done it. Also clean his butt with it there. ;)

Mary said...

ha ha ha My husband has still yet to be peed on. As for me, I've had my share of sprays and luckily it's been a while since that has happened. I always kept I wipe on it while changing him. Then I learned to recognize the signs. Good Luck! Pictures....post some pictures of the cute little dude!

Kim said...

Experience will cure your problem, sweetie. I had a girl first. The first time my first little guy got me, it was in the face. Lovely.

I haven't changed a diaper for approximately 7 or 8 years. I have no idea what I did anymore. But I do know you'll figure it out!

Badness Jones said...

Bad did that all the time when he was little too - always place a boy perpendicular to yourself when you change him!

Anonymous said...

Wow!! I had heard about that, but it seems to happen a lot :-) Perhaps rain gear should be standard equipment in the baby-changing area?

Merry Christmas to you my friend, and to your lovely family!

Anonymous said...

Looks like you are having a tinkling Christmas. Enjoy!!