Monday, December 15, 2008

Apparantly I will be pregnant forever

Doc won't induce on Wednesday.

Why?

Don't get me started.

Maybe tomorrow I will write more about it.

But on a scale of 1-10 of pissed-offed-ness, I am a 13.

I would be higher but I refuse to let my blood pressure go that high.

btw, see that ticker on the left? the one that on Monday says ELEVEN days??

HAH.

Doc said maybe on 12/30 she "might" induce. You know...after my due date? To the point where now me and Bubba will be in the hospital after the first of the year? Where a whole new 20% out of pocket starts all over again???

Do the words "bite.me" make sense?


**************
Before you comment, allow me to mention:
1. Yes, I know this is the worst part of pregnancy.
2. Part of my constant pain (which is NOT discomfort, it's pain) is becuase I am carrying a lot of excess fluid. That causus pain. Part of why I look the way I do is NOT just because I am fat.
3. I am experiencing carpal tunnel syndrome. Which is normally reflected by swollen wrists and hands. I, however, do not have any fluid retention in my hands. None. So there is no reason to look at me and think "wow, she's in pain"
4. I know I won't be pregnant forever. It just feels like I will.
5. The doctor, when we met her for the 1st time, agreed that I will NOT go past the 1st of the year in the hospital. Now...alll of a sudden? I am not asking her to induce me a month early. My due date is 12/26. If it were 1/15, I could see her saying no. But it's not.

5 comments:

Sayre said...

Perfect sense. Hang in there! And if you have a chance, bite your doctor.

Anonymous said...

How about a voodoo doll in a white coat and stethoscope? (Just kidding of course.) But...oh gee whiz. I could tell how much you were anticipating getting the show on the road, and to hear that you have to endure another week (?) of pain and discomfort must be nearly unbearable.

I wish I could do something to help. I'm sending good thoughts and I'm busy urging Mother Nature to, uh, move things along already.

Mary said...

Go to your next appointment and have a COMPLETE MELTDOWN! Throw yourself a two year old hissy fit! Maybe that will get her attention! Just a suggestion. Hang in there.

Badness Jones said...

The two-year old pregnant lady hissy fit did work for me....not to get induced, mind you - I had to wait until I was 10 days overdue for that - but it did get my husband in to see an ultrasound with me. (My first pregnancy was during SARS, so no extra people allowed in the clinic, except apparently, for non-Canadians who needed their husbands for 'interpreters'. Doc finally agreed that they needed my husband to come in and interpret my screaming for them, I guess.)

Hugs baby! I hope the Doc clues in that YOU are the one who knows your body best.

Kim said...

First: check with your insurance. Some policies have a clause for situations like this where you can carry your deductible into the first quarter of the year.

Second: go walking. Eat spicy food. Have sex. Anything that might make labor start on its own. She can't tell you know if you're in real labor!

Third: hang in there. If you want to send me your doctor's number, I'll call and cuss her out on your behalf.