Tuesday, March 3, 2009

What's that smell??

Last night was Connor's bath night (Monday, Wednesday, Friday and Saturday).

As Mark and I were bathing him, we were talking about our days. (note, I am completely congested and feel horrible).

Mark: "Do you smell @$#$? Did he poop on you?"
Me: "no, I don't smell anything and I don't know when he would have.... Oh...crap....."
Mark: "Wha.... Oh crap...."

Yes...in his little green rainforest tub, was ...well.... let's just say Connor probably weighed a bit less than he did BEFORE he started his tubby time.

Mark asked "Did he HAVE to do that?"

Me: "When ya gotta go...."

I grabbed Connor in a towel, to his much joy, he smiled and flailed his little arms around. Mark turned the tub on, grabbed any cleaner that he could and proceeded to scrub.

Me: "Now even I smell..."

To which I looked. Apparantly Connor wasn't done. Yes.... Pooped more, in the towel as I held him.

Sigh....

Longest bath ever.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh gosh! *giggle* You handled it with humor, I see! I'll bet Connor enjoyed watching Mom and Dad's reaction :-) Hm, how long is it till potty training? Hugs to you!

AJsMom said...

Yay you're officially a Mommy! It's all fun and games until you have to fish a stink pickle out of the bathtub.

Issa said...

Something about the warm water. If only you could bathe them with a diaper on. Sigh. :)

Sayre said...

It never happened to me, but from what I gather, the tub-poop is practically a tradition with babies. I'm not sure how I escaped that one, but I made up for it in being vomited on.

Badness Jones said...

Yep, now you've been initiated. Once I was changing Bad's diaper on the Princess's bed (without a change pad) when he started to poop, and there wasn't a diaper underneath yet, and it was that half-liquid breast-milk poo, and I had to catch it in my HAND. I still haven't recovered. But the Princess would never have forgiven me if I'd let him poop on her fairy blanket. Ahhh, the joys of parenting!

3carnations said...

My son actually never did that (number one, yes, number two, no). At 3 months shy of five years old, I think that chance has passed. :)